Shop More | Stress Less
The holiday shopping season is fast approaching! Your focus should be on finding the perfect gift, not worrying about your identity. At SESLOC Federal Credit Union, we provide you the tools you need to make sure you’re protected from the effects of identity theft.
Protecting your identity is a complex and complicated task. Our HomeFREE Checking account is designed to help protect your identity and restore it, should anything malicious happen. Using your debit or credit card and maintaining a consistent purchase review is the right way to ensure you are protected, and can help you spot trouble if it does occur.
Here’s an example of a seven-step purchase review process that can help you stay focused and protected during peak shopping season:
- Establish a budget (or limit) for your holiday spending.
- Enroll in Online Banking and download the Mobile App.
- Register for Identity Theft Services.
- Check your account balance and transaction history in Online Banking before you start shopping.
- Be mindful of the cards you use at the register (or online checkout).
- After each shopping trip, check your account balance and transaction history.
- Report any abnormalities directly to SESLOC.
Being vigilant during the holiday season can help keep identity thieves out of your business. Think of it as a habit — just like locking your car doors after loading it with holiday purchases. In our virtual world, protecting your purchase activity is just as important as protecting those holiday gifts!
If identity theft were to occur, SESLOC has you covered with the protection of Fully Managed Recovery with a personal Privacy Advocate standing by to research and resolve any identity theft issue that you may suspect, or evidence of identity fraud that you discover.
SESLOC wants to make your holiday shopping as stress-free and enjoyable as possible. So this Holiday Season (and all year long), shop easy knowing you are covered in case identity theft or fraud strikes.