On July 13, 2021, Governor Gavin Newsom officially signed the California Golden State Stimulus II into law, directing stimulus payments up to $600, plus $500 for dependents, to approximately 78% of California residents. Payments are expected to go out by direct deposit and mail to qualified residents starting in September. Qualified residents can expect to receive their payment by the method they selected to receive their tax refund.
To qualify for the payment, California residents must:
- File their California 2020 tax return by October 15, 2021
- Be a California resident for more than half of the 2020 tax year
- Be a California resident on the date payments are issues
- Have a California Adjusted Gross Income up to $75,000
- Not be claimed as a dependent by another taxpayer
To learn more about eligibility, how much you are eligible, and when you can expect a payment, check the California Franchise Tax Board website.
Want to know when your deposit hits? Set a custom account alert in SESLOC Online Banking for the amount you expect to receive so you can be notified when your payment is deposited.