Which do you prefer to use at checkout, cash or card?
Cash certainly has its benefits, especially if you’re someone who finds it easier to use to manage spending and curb impulse purchases. Some businesses only accept cash (although a growing number only take plastic), or may impose a surcharge or minimum purchase requirement to accept your credit card.
However, cash also has its drawbacks — if it’s lost or stolen, it’s gone for good. Plus, cash doesn’t come with valuable extra features like cards do.
Here are some benefits of using your debit or credit card instead:
- Debit and credit cards are equipped with EMV chip technology, which creates a unique authentication code for every purchase in order to protect you from some types of fraudulent activity.
- All transactions are logged on your statement and in Online Banking for your review.
- You can set up custom alerts in Online Banking to notify you about transaction activity or account balances.
- Cards include fraud protection, limiting your liability in the event of unauthorized charges.
- SESLOC debit and Visa Signature Rewards credit cards earn points on every purchase that can be redeemed for gift cards, merchandise, gas, experiences, and more.
- Build your credit by making everyday purchases with your credit card and paying it off each month (Tip: use less than 30% of your limit) — a good credit score helps you save money on your next loan.
More Payment Options
- Enroll in Pay With Points to redeem points for a statement credit to cover recent purchases.
- Go contactless — debit and credit cards are compatible with Apple, Google, and Samsung Pay. Simply add your card to your digital wallet and start making payments where accepted.
- Manage your subscription, streaming, and online shopping payment information in one place with CardSwap.
Plus, Exclusive Perks for Our Visa Signature Rewards Card
The SESLOC Visa Signature Rewards Card includes all of the above, plus exclusive perks¹ like:
- No foreign transaction fee
- Extended warranty protection
- Travel & emergency assistance
- Auto rental collision damage waiver
- Roadside dispatch
- Zero-fraud liability
- Concierge service²
² SESLOC Visa Signature Rewards cardholders are responsible for the payment of any and all charges associated with any goods, services, reservations or bookings purchased or arranged by the Visa Signature Concierge on cardholders’ behalf. Any such purchases or arrangements are solely between the cardholder and the respective merchant, and Visa is not a party to the transaction. All goods and services subject to availability. See full terms of service at visasignatureconcierge.com